starting strength gym

Thread: The Iron Bug | Jim Steel

Default The Iron Bug | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Where I grew up in Maryland, back in the '70s and '80s, football and basketball were king, and baseball was an afterthought, something you played when it wasn’t football or basketball season. So my friends and I played baseball for the Adelphi Boys and Girls Club in the late spring and early summer to kill some time before the “important” sports were played...

Read article

Got bit myself in the fall of 1995 my freshman year of college. Never wavered since. But had many years of inefficient “exercise” with weights unfortunately. The last 11 and in particular the last 4 since discovering Starting Strength have been a game changer. Put on 25 lbs to get to 250, working towards a 1400 total on the power lifts and a 265 OHP. I’m almost 46 years old, and feel like my best days are still ahead, and that isn’t just weight on the bar but the wisdom of older age and knowing the value of the day to day effort and process of getting strong. Great article Jim.

That’s so great. Congrats on the crazy progress and thanks for the kind words

Good job, Jim. You invited him to take the red pill, but you didn´t despise him for taking the blue. Imagine that if he is happy cutting 30 lbs and getting in shape with dumbell circuits, the happier he will be when he realizes he can gain 30 lbs of muscle in few months and taking his squat from 40 kg to 120. But sometimes you just gotta show them the way and not to force the red pill to people.

The "Iron Bug" (with the Rip method at the same time) bitten me so many years ago and I am still under the bag despite the illnesses, injuries and financial problems. Because I will always be more useful and healthier if I do heavy squats.

I hope our friend has met SS.