starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricep pain (olecranon process)

Default Tricep pain (olecranon process)

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I have searched and read a lot of posts trying to figure this out. The past week my elbows have been sensitive touch. Hasn't hurt during lifting but if I bump I to something just right or touch the olecranon process where I think the triceps are attached it is incredibly painful.

Today while benching, it hurt for the first time that I have noticed during a session right after the lift. Also - at night when I roll over and use arms to press up it hurts.

From what I can tell it isn't tendonitis as there isn't swelling but wanted perspective. From reading past posts it looks like the recommended treatments are to work through it? Is that correct? Just stick to the program and expect it to heal over time while ignoring it?

Any risks to this? Or any ways to speed it up? Read various posts that mention slow eccentric contraction and heat. Possibly having doc needle the tendon while injecting cortisone?

Both elbows?

Yes. Isn't hat extremely odd. Like I should have bought a lottery ticket odd? Although one more severe than the other

Chins? Presses hurt? Squats?

Noticed it I guess lifting Monday when doing overhead press 120lbs. Which is a pr for me. And then this morning on bench at 210 I did first set and it really hurt after the set. Haven't noticed pain doing pull-ups but did weighted pull ups today 3x5 with 25 lbs. Don't notice any pain on squats or after

Gradual onset?

Gradual onset. Yes.

Thus an inflammatory response, right?

I don't know if gradual onset makes it inflammatory. But I don't know much. thats why I am posting here.

So if it's inflammatory - what does that mean in terms of how to approach it. Would that be different if it were not inflammatory?

starting strength coach development program
    It means you're doing something wrong. Correct your form, take the NSAID protocol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast