starting strength gym

Thread: VERY slow and steady?

Default VERY slow and steady?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey, coach.

I have a question about progression. I know that that being too greedy and adding too much weight on the bar at a time leads to stalling and injuries. But hypothetically, is there a downside to adding too little weight, or waiting an extra session before adding weight? Assuming the trainee's patience isn't a problem, is VERY slow and steady a problem?

Time is money, my friend. If you've got lots of time to not make progress, you are wealthier than I was.

I have a question about progression. I know that that being too greedy and adding too much weight on the bar at a time leads to stalling and injuries. But hypothetically, is there a downside to adding too little weight, or waiting an extra session before adding weight? Assuming the trainee's patience isn't a problem, is VERY slow and steady a problem?
    Hypothetically, the downside to adding too little weight to the bar is that you are not going to elicit any response at all because you aren't disrupting homeostasis. There is a fine line between purposely progressing too slowly and undertraining. If a trainee has the patience to progress slower than he knows he can, then his heads in the wrong place.