starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This pain baffles me. Armchair doctors assemble!

Default This pain baffles me. Armchair doctors assemble!

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    For a number of months I've had an annoying pain right where my left leg joins with my crotch area. Picture at bottom.

It gets aggravated the most by squatting, but only when my knees squeeze in. They usually don't, but a rep or two over the course of a workout is enough to make it ache a bit. It never hurts a lot. It just aches.

It also hurts when I'm putting on a sock and pushing my foot into the sock, and seemingly randomly if I'm moving my leg around at my desk at work.

It sounds like an adductor issue, but I was off my knees for a month while a patellar tendon injury healed up. That tendon problem produced much more pain, and it healed completely while this other pain has persisted.

I can't figure it out. I have no experience with this sort of thing, but I'm wondering if a small adductor injury formed a bunch of scar tissue that is leading to the pain. I'm getting a deep tissue massage tomorrow and I'll ask about it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

ASIS tendonitis

I recommend removal the waist, and attaching the legs directly to the abdomen.
    Anyone else concur?

Your knees aren't sliding forward at the bottom of your squat, are they? Squat video?
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 01-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    I recommend removal the waist, and attaching the legs directly to the abdomen.
    Anyone else concur?

Your knees aren't sliding forward at the bottom of your squat, are they? Squat video?
    No, I fixed that in my form. They are stable when I hit parallel.

You're not reaching back hard with your ass before you bend your knees are you? This is the cue from SL that seems to cause a lot of people a lot of pain in that area.

Colo has the fix. I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    You're not reaching back hard with your ass before you bend your knees are you? This is the cue from SL that seems to cause a lot of people a lot of pain in that area.

Colo has the fix. I concur.
    Not going to be that easy, unfortunately. I break knees and hips at the same time. Confirmed in video. My squat form is pretty solid now, though it may not have been a few months ago.

It could just be a tight muscle without a real cause... growth, maybe? Do you know a good stretch for that area? Do it 2x/day. I used to have excruciating pain there. I did this one regularly with success:

Get into the lunge position, then reach up and look up.

It could just be a tight muscle without a real cause... growth, maybe? Do you know a good stretch for that area? Do it 2x/day. I used to have excruciating pain there. I did this one regularly with success:

Get into the lunge position, then reach up and look up.
    Yeah that's the position that makes it scream. I guess I'll try stretching it out more consistently.

Then you're doing it right. Try to get warm and then do it. Also, ice and ibu may help bring down the swelling a bit so you can more effectively stretch it out... massage it as best you can, but it is a tricky spot to massage.

starting strength coach development program
    it is a tricky spot to massage.
    I think I'll get the gf to work on that particular area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast