starting strength gym

Thread: Flux and Sleep

Default Flux and Sleep

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I've been trying to get on top of my bad sleeping habits lately and I came across a program called Flux. It modulates the temperature of your monitor between blue light (associated with wakefulness) and red light (associated with sleepiness) to make your monitor more red as the evening goes on (it syncs with the sunset/sunrise of your location).

Here's the link:
    http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I just installed it and can't report on the progress yet but the idea is compelling. Have any of you given this a go? Any results? It's so easy to stay up until 2am playing Starcraft2!

I've been using this program for awhile and it works great. Another important sleep tip is to make the room you sleep in as dark as possible.

Sounds pretty interesting. And *fist pump for the Starcraft 2. (Yeah, I'm a nerd, but I got a girl, so it's ok.)

Hey there. I've been using this app for quite a while. It's made a huge difference in reducing the stimulation effect from the monitor. I now get sleepy while surfing on the web instead of getting more keyed up. Before I used to stay all awake far too late if I was in front of the screen. Now I just get sleep like I should.

Something about Starcraft 2, I'm not sure if f.lux continues to change the color temperature if you run a program that takes up the whole screen. An experiment you can try is turning off all the lights in your room and looking at the light cast on your desk when you're running SC2, is it red or blue? It's red when I'm just on the desktop. I'd try it myself but I uninstalled the game, last semester in my masters program.

Quote Originally Posted by rjack View Post
    Another important sleep tip is to make the room you sleep in as dark as possible.
    I wish. My crazy ass wife likes every light in the house on when we go to sleep. I normally wait until she falls asleep and I turn off the lights. But she is quite wiley, and wakes up and turns them back on.

For the sake of non-bias, I must add that I'm running the program and I haven't felt much.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
    I wish. My crazy ass wife likes every light in the house on when we go to sleep. I normally wait until she falls asleep and I turn off the lights. But she is quite wiley, and wakes up and turns them back on.
    That would drive me nuts...

This would be very helpful for my Minecraft and BC2 habits...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
    (Yeah, I'm a nerd, but I got a girl, so it's ok.)
    Yeah. We get the best chicks.

starting strength coach development program
    great info