starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating during a weight lowering period for form correction

Default Eating during a weight lowering period for form correction

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    If I decide to lower the weight for a bit for squats in order to fix the form (aka get lower), should I be trying to keep gaining weight during the period until the squat reaches the number I currently have as my "squats" again? Or should I be in more of a maintenance mode with my weight, without GOMAD?

My other lifts are continuing to go up.
    Last edited by kabuki; 04-28-2011 at 11:56 AM.

If you are lowering the weight to get lower, you very well be providing about the same stress that you were before. In other words, doing slightly heavier squats not as deep is the same or less work as doing slightly lighter squats to proper depth. At the same time you plan on continuing to progress in the other lifts. I'd just keep on with the eating as you have if you have been getting good results with it.

Thanks, I'll do that. I've swallowed the ego already, now time to swallow food.

Do you need to gain weight?

I would like to be much biggerr than I am now. Body fat doesn't seem to be a problem right now, but if it ever does before I reach my goal weight, I'll either go on a cut for a brief time with Rapid Fat Loss or do what Rip described in the Clarifications article for the fatter people. What would you recommend?

I'd recommend what thersites suggested.

I am going to do as he suggested.

I was also asking you which of the two options for fat loss you would suggest that I mentioned in my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    I am going to do as he suggested.

I was also asking you which of the two options for fat loss you would suggest that I mentioned in my last post.
    I think you shouldn't worry about that before the time comes. Don't let yourself get too fat either.

Hmm, not sure. I'd say to not get too fat and you won't have to worry about it. You don't get fat overnight, so you'll notice it before it becomes a problem. I would think any extreme diet like RFL will probably wreck your strength gains. Maybe PM msingh and see what he thinks about the RFL option.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC1 View Post
    Hmm, not sure. I'd say to not get too fat and you won't have to worry about it. You don't get fat overnight, so you'll notice it before it becomes a problem. I would think any extreme diet like RFL will probably wreck your strength gains. Maybe PM msingh and see what he thinks about the RFL option.
    RFL works just fine and if you do it right you don't lose anything. But it sucks, make no mistake about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast