starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Deadlift form check - YouTube
    This is my set of 260lbs on Dl. This is also my first time having my dl looked at. After reviewing the video, I feel like my hips are dropping after the first couple of reps and I may have some lumbar rounding. I never have any back pain after dl as I am very careful about keeping a neutral spine. But some more trained eyes would be much appreciated. For some reason deadlift still intimidates me a bit. As soon as I start to feel my back round I usually abandon the later reps. I'm not sure how to fight through reps without rounding my back, or if it is an acceptable amount of rounding. Also I dl in my lifting shoes. I know there doesn't seem to be a consensus on this. Anyways thanks in advance for the help.

Yes. you're hips are dropping a bit and your low back is rounding. Both of those are fixed, in large part, by just making yourself not do it. It might help if you turn your feet out a little and push hour knees out to your elbows. Really squeeze your back hard.

Don't drop hips, Don't round back. It's good that you stop when you notice this. Craning ones neck up is contraindicated. Don't do that. You would be surprised how much better you can do if you keep your gaze glued to the floor a few feet in front of you.