starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Dead and Press form check

Default Squat Dead and Press form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    SQUAT

I feel like my flexibility has improved in the last few months, thanks to widen my stance.

DEADLIFT

PRESS

You are high bar squatting with no hip drive and not quite to depth. Is your intention high or low bar squats?

You are starting the deadlift with the bar too far forward, not getting remotely tight enough, bouncing your reps, not quite getting locked out. Check out the 5 step deadlift set up video on here and then do that.

Not a good video angle on the press. You have no hip drive, you are loose, and it looks like you are not locking out. Can you get a better video angle?

Better video from press if you can. Put camera up higher. From what I can tell here your wrists are way bent on your grip. The bar should be resting in the palm of your hand so it sits on top of the wrist bones. The bar is resting by your fingers. Think about pointing your knuckles to the wall in front of you and keeping them there. Elbows should be slightly in front of the bar and up the whole time. Notice how your elbows get lower and lower each rep? They also flare out at the bottom. Squeeze your arm pits with your triceps on the way down and keep your elbows up. Aim for the nose on the way up and down