starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Questions

Default Squat Questions

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Read the book and enjoy the videos online as well. I really feel like my technique is tip top. That being said I have two questions.

1. When you shove out your knees. Is it possible to shove too far? Is it basically shove till they are in line with your out-turned feet?

2. Hip Drive: I feel like I have pretty good hip drive. That being said I have noticed that when fatigued I am still getting the hip drive but it seems like I get a little lazy or accidentally lose some of my nice tight arched lower back. Any cues for this?

Thanks,
    Sam

1. It is possible to exaggerate the knees-out if you are sufficiently flexible. Perhaps you are.

2. It is also possible that, since you are overly flexible, you have the idea that your lumbar spine should show a concave aspect. This is not a correct thing.

Default Thanks!

I'm not exactly doing splits but I'm seeing what you say. I'm concave or trying to be that way. Tried a few body weight with no concave felt great. Thanks for this. Thanks for the great book too! Just moving my stance closer has really made my hip feel better. The low bar position feels much better on my back as well.