starting strength gym

Thread: weightlifting shoes question

Default weightlifting shoes question

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    How are weightlifting shoes supposed to fit? like regular shoes? I ordered the do wins from rogue fitness and the site suggested to get 2 sizes smaller for a woman. My toe is right at the front of the shoe, if these were regular everyday sneakers I would have to get a half size bigger. (which they don't have).

thanks

I believe you posted this in the wrong section of the forum, but seeing as I believe you have good intentions and it was accidental, I'd be happy to respond.

This may seem a very generalized answer, but do the shoes fit comfortably? Do your feet slide around in them when you walk, or while doing your workout? Do your feet hurt either due to being to narrow or short? Again, this is while walking around or during your workout.

If you have not tried out your new shoes, and this is your first pair of weightlifting shoes, take it easy and get a "feel" for them. You will notice a huge difference in your form and how the Squat and other exercises feel. If you experience no discomfort and have good support, then you don't need to worry about the shoe size. The most important part of the shoes is do you feel stable and strong while wearing them and having a heavy weight to move? If the answer is yes, you should be good to go.

Good luck with the weights, and if you are keeping a log I'll be sure to check it out and see how you progress with the new "kicks".