starting strength gym

Thread: Trying to learn the snatch

Default Trying to learn the snatch

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Watched Rip's video on the power snatch and overhead squat. Been wanting to learn the Oly lifts for a while now. Think I've got the powerclean down (hitting about 70kg easily) but the snatch is hard. Been doing practice on off days with just the empty bar or sometimes 30kg. I'm still a novice on SS, squat 70kg and deadlift 100kg. Plan is to run SS to completion then switch to a strength/Oly program

Did hang power snatch x 3 and hang snatch to overhead squat x 3, sorry for the blurry video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdXPjqDuwU

Bump

There is one thing i think i am able to see.... between all the pixels...
    I think the bar is to far away from your face on ascent and descent. Maybe you should view the part again where rip explains the internal and external arm rotation thing and how the bar should be dropped.
    Additionally it seems that you are not jumping or jumping to late. If i see it correctly the bar moves into your hips and bounces with a rotation upwards (sorry for my bad english)

Maybe you should post a video from the ground with a better angel. From side front or so. Heavier so that you have to jump harder... Snatching some doubles with 50% of your pc shouldnt interfere with your training.

And just for clarification .. you can power clean your 1rm lbbs weight? Sorry but that sounds more then strange.

best gegards