starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift 315

Default Deadlift 315

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    This was my third stall. Four the first time @ 315, three last time @ 315, and then this set here. The angle makes my hips look really low, but I checked and my shoulders are where they should be barely in front of the bar.

Anything else to consider from a form standpoint? Is it unusual for a person to stall this early at my bodyweight (215)?

The pulls start one minute in. Would appreciate all input, especially from mr. illingworth

YouTube

You do let your hips drop too much. You have reached a manly weight. Keep it up but don't drop your hips.

What’s your DL programming look like? Your weight does go back to your heels. Find midfoot and stay there. Also, try a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    What’s your DL programming look like? Your weight does go back to your heels. Find midfoot and stay there. Also, try a belt.
    I'm still on traditional LP, so one set three times every two weeks (always after heavy squats). I think I'm going to give it a full week off this time and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help, carson

Hi,

You give the impression of starting to extend your hips a bit too early.
    Let me try to expand on this.
    Ideally, the first part of the lift should consist of you pushing the floor away, extending your legs and moving your hip joint up, while keeping the back at the same angle relative to the floor.
    Once the bar reaches the knees, you start to open the hip angle, that is, you start to actually stand up with your back, and close the lift.
    You seem to be standing up just a bit too soon; keep pushing the floor away from you, wait until the bar is just above the knees, then stand up. It might help a bit.

Having said that, if you have stalled three times at this weight, it's probably a programming, not a technique issue.

Hope this helps,

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I'm still on traditional LP, so one set three times every two weeks (always after heavy squats). I think I'm going to give it a full week off this time and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help, carson
    Trying to keep LP alive

Wolf has some good stuff in there about extending LP. Try his suggestions out and when that doesn’t work anymore, switch to intermediate