starting strength gym

Thread: Mike Tuchscherer

Default Mike Tuchscherer

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Rip interviews Mike Tuchscherer.

Video

20 minutes in. Rip going at it about powerlifting politics and involvement in the Olympics.
    Let the guy speak!

Very informative. Especially talking about volume, old guys, and the compressed movement from novice, to intermediate, to advanced. Also Mikes point about not going volume crazy early because that leaves you no where to go.

Mike T is definitely a bright and thoughtful guy. I certainly would have liked to hear more of what he had to say rather than so much discussion about the way PL sucks these days. I would guess that most of us on the SS forums didn't need too much convincing that 1/4 squats in Ironman suits while eating steroids for breakfast pretty much sucks. Fortunately guys like Mike are showing what can be done without all that crap.

Talk topics should start to be included on the video page so that people can have a logical temptation to watch the video.
    Mark+some guys i never heard of doesn't make me trust I'll get value from the time investment. Though if some post video thought was put into what the video had to offer a novice more people might get the additional education.

Great advice. Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Great advice. Thanks.
    A lot of my favorite podcasts will outline the major topics covered with the time cutoffs for each. That way if you and Mike started talking about local politics or something else I might not be interested in, I could fast forward or skip that part.