starting strength gym

Thread: Golfer's elbow again I know....

Default Golfer's elbow again I know....

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Mark(or whoever else)

You mentioned a few months back that you had golfers elbow and that you were going to work through it until it went away. Curious on an update.

I'v been battling mine for 3 months and while its gotten better its still not where it should be. Should I cut out all upper body pulling movements and just focus on pressing and lower body work? I also thought about just doing 1 set a week of ring pullups which dont seem to bother it. I dont want to do the dreaded take 6 months off routine but if thats what I need to do I will. What do you guys recomend? Thanks in advance,

Search function.

So, if I understand this correctly:

• You've had this for 3 months, have been working through it, and it has improved.
    • Your case is mild enough, or has improved enough, that you can do a set up ring pullups with no problem.
    • You've been around this board long enough to have been through several months of posts.
    I'm surprised, then, that you haven't realized that the prevalent philosophy of this board is that long periods of complete rest optimally solve most problems. You should definitely avoid all pulliing movements. To be safe, maybe use a sling, or even a cast, to really give it a chance to heal. If you can afford the time off, maybe think about having an induced coma.

No!

Default errr

Is there more to this? Is it really getting better, or do you just want to think it's getting better when it hasn't improved (though hasn't gotten worse) in 3 months?

If the former, you know the answer. If the latter, search a bit more.

Point taken!

Its just been a slow process and I had a setback this week but it was also a part of attempting to do some things that I shouldnt like bar pullups and ring dips. Back to pulling movements that dont bother it for low volume.