starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a belt

Default Buying a belt

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My stats: 6'0, 211 lbs

I've been following SS for about 2.5 months. I love it, and I love the weight I'm lifting. Thing is, I'm a mildly vain man and I've gained a lot of belly fat. So I was looking at keeping the weight the same and dialing back the calories for a little while. I'm not looking for a six pack or anything ridiculous, but I would like to keep my stomach fat under control.

Since so many of you recommend the use of a belt, and many of you talk about the quality of Inzer belts, what size is appropriate for me?
    1. I've got a MyoTape tape measure, but I'm not sure where on my abdomen to measure. And how does that translate to the inch size listed on their belts?
    2. Once I get a size, how should I plan for losing some of that stomach fat? That is, will the belt adjust down in size?

Thanks in advance!
    - Jalps

Spaceboy Guest

I just ordered the 10mm inzer forever single prong today. My waist size around my belly button fluctuates between 31-34 inches when measured with a soft tape. I ended up choosing a medium (33-35) since I figured it's more likely that the longer I lift, the bigger my waist will get. Also I read around on other forums and it seems that there is some leeway in belt size, so if you are a few inches smaller or larger, it should still fit fine.

As for the myotape, I once had a knockoff cheap-o version of those and whenever I measured with it, I usually ended up 1 or 2 inches shorter than if I had measured with a normal soft tape. I think the reason for that is they count the "plastic holder thing" as 1 or 2 inches and if it isn't flat against your stomach then the reading might be off. Dunno the definite answer to that though, it's just a guess on my part. GL

I measured right above my belly button. I am 37" and went with a size L Inzer belt. I am right in the middle of the holes so I have plenty of room either way.

Just wanted to post that this thread was very helpful....ended up ordering a med inzer forever belt too.

On Friday night, ordered a large Inzer 10mm Forever belt, single prong in black. I'll tell you how it goes when it gets here!

The belt arrived today! Well, not without one hitch along the way. I called Inzer to check on the order on Tuesday, and found they didn't have a large black single-prong in stock, so I changed it to the double-prong. Well, the shipment moved speedily and it arrived on Friday (today).

So I used it for the first time during my workout. I had stalls in my deadlift and squat, so I was deloading by 10%. This would be a perfect opportunity to add a belt, to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself by using it incorrectly.

It was great! Everything felt stable and tight at the bottom of the squats, and it helped prevent me from doing a goodmorning halfway up in the rep. For the deadlifts, I was able to work much stronger and faster than I thought was possible. Now, these results may be feel artificially good because I coupled it with a deload, but the difference in the feel of the exercises makes me question why I ever waited to get a belt.

Anyone who read this article - http://stronglifts.com/weight-liftin...r-not-to-wear/ - and decided not to get a belt ... that guy can take his advice and shove it. Everything felt stronger, and my back feels 100% better. It's not a "crutch"; it's a tool that allows you to use your muscles to do the exercise properly.

fyi I ordered a large black 10mm forever belt single prong 2 days before you which happened to the last one.

Unfortunetly still havent gotten it cause their shipping across the border.

Just thought id share.

Glad to hear the belt works well, cant wait to get it.

Haha you bum! It's all good though, as I haven't found the double prong to be nearly as difficult to buckle as people made it out to be.

Enjoy it, man!

Does anyone know if there is an e-mail address where I can contact Inzer? Can't seem to find it on their website.

I was wondering of they ship to Europe.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Denki View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an e-mail address where I can contact Inzer? Can't seem to find it on their website.

I was wondering of they ship to Europe.

They do, but plan to pay out the ass for the shipping fee by UPS. Australia shipping costs more than the belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast