I wanted to emphasize something Rip said in another thread. When someone asked how to decide whether to do something, Rip replied:

The same way you decide about everything else you don't know about but need to learn: you try it and see what happens. Manipulate the variable and record the data.
Too many people want some authority figure to tell them what to do, preferably without the need for any research or thought on their part. You're not going to kill yourself adding another set or working out on Thursday instead of Wednesday or adding some calories or fat or carbs to your diet. Just don't go overboard. If you're following a program, follow it for enough time before tinkering. Some stuff is relatively clear (for example, you need to eat enough protein and if you don't add weight you're not going to get stronger), some is subject to an incredible degree of individual variation (much of the rest of nutrition). The later often requires experimenting to get it right.

I'm not saying don't ask questions here. I'm just suggesting some things require testing.