starting strength gym

Thread: Hip/Quad pain at the bottom of the squat

Default Hip/Quad pain at the bottom of the squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I've been doing Crossfit Football programming for a while, then had a month of not training for various reasons, and then decided to go at SS for a while to regain my previous working weights. I've been at it for a little more than a month.

For the last few trainings I've been experiencing this weird pain. It's a very sharp pain where the leg attaches to the hip, just below the hip-bone. This is a link to a picture showing where the pain is. I only feel it during the squat, more so during heavy sets, and I feel it the most at the bottom of the squat, where it's really painful. Surprisingly enough, I don't feel it at all when not squatting or in the first, light, warm up sets. Today I actually had a backoff set at 130 kg after failing 162.5 kg and didn't feel in the backoff set as well.

Should I continue as usual? It's not getting worse, it's just staying the same. Should I deload?

Some numbers:
    Height: 178 cm
    Weight: 94 kg
    Last successful across sets:
    Squat: 160 kg
    Deadlift: 155 kg
    Bench Press: 87.5 kg
    Power Clean: 70 kg
    Press: 67.5 kg

I know that my presses are pretty weak compared to the squat, but I have pretty short legs and have always been relatively weak in my upper body.

Have you read the book?

Yes, I have read the book. If it's already addressed in it then I'm sorry and will go look for it. The squat chapter I assume?