starting strength gym

Thread: Blind spot in vision

Default Blind spot in vision

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello Rip, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have no idea whether this (temporary) problem was related to squatting, but I want to know if it's happened to anyone else on the forum.

About an hour after my workout, I noticed a blind spot in my field of vision. It's not easy to describe, but I'll try: right now, looking at your computer screen, you can presumably see your hands resting on the keyboard even though your eyes are focused on the text you're reading. Last night, when I was experiencing this blind spot, I was not able to see my left hand on the keyboard while my eyes were on the screen. It was worrisome, but it went away by morning (and was replaced by a headache).

Other internet forums suggest the problem may be related to blood pressure. Has anyone else experienced this?

It is most likely a visual migraine. Get it checked be somebody not on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hello Rip, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have no idea whether this (temporary) problem was related to squatting, but I want to know if it's happened to anyone else on the forum.

About an hour after my workout, I noticed a blind spot in my field of vision. It's not easy to describe, but I'll try: right now, looking at your computer screen, you can presumably see your hands resting on the keyboard even though your eyes are focused on the text you're reading. Last night, when I was experiencing this blind spot, I was not able to see my left hand on the keyboard while my eyes were on the screen. It was worrisome, but it went away by morning (and was replaced by a headache).

Other internet forums suggest the problem may be related to blood pressure. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I've experienced the exact same phenomenon, albeit apparently triggered by bright light (i.e. the sun). The first time it happened, I thought I might be about to die. I went to the doctor, who politely explained that this was a symptom of a migraine called an aura. It has happened a couple times since. First I get kind of a shimmery effect in my vision, like opening your eyes underwater in the pool on a sunny day. This sort of radiates outward from one spot in my vision, slowly becoming a full-on blind spot. A little later, I may or may not get laid out with a vicious headache, but apparently you can get the aura without the headache; still part of the migraine package.

However, if I were you, I would follow Rip's advice and see a doctor. People on the internet don't know what the fuck they're talking about half the time.

I suffer from migraines. Working out can be a trigger, at least for me.

There is also a natural human blind spot, it's where your optic nerve enters your retina in the back of your eye.

http://www.moillusions.com/2006/03/f...pot-trick.html

The little experiment above shows your blind spot in a plane horizontal to your focus point, but for many people it included the area a few degrees below that as well. I could see one's hands on a keyboard (while one is staring at a screen) conceivably being in that area.

That said, visual scotomas (or blind spots, or even bizarre shapes in your vision) can be common in headaches, more so in migraines than tension headaches and cluster headaches.

starting strength coach development program
    I had this. Headache lasted a couple days. Hasn't recurred.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=10638