starting strength gym

Thread: Found a power clean video...

Default Found a power clean video...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey,

I've had a people occasionally ask me to point them towards a power clean resource, and if course I show them SS and all that but when browsing youtube I happened upon this power clean video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlbDQUWs0s

Now when I saw this I thought it had very solid form, but I showed it around and someone told me the form was 'horrid'. Later on they clarified and said that it was '85% incorrect'.

I find this to be a useful video because it does things in slow motion, it shows bar path and hip angle, and technically it seems solid to me (light-ish weights notwithstanding). So, who is right here? What do you guys think of this video?

What did they say was bad about it? I've watched this same video before for a visual aid in correcting my form.

That looks like a textbook clean to me. Shrug.

look technique can be judged on many, many levels. in this video things might not be 'perfect' but it is good. this video helped me too in order to learn the power clean. so keep using it

Thanks everyone. Thought it looked good but needed to make sure.

her first pull is off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKnwnOecRw

technique for power cleans for strength training and technique for (power)cleans/snatch for olifting dont have to be the same.

google kinovea. its a free video editing program that lets you track bar trajectory and slow down your videos. its a bit buggy but it works well and is free.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by scoppi View Post
    her first pull is off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKnwnOecRw

technique for power cleans for strength training and technique for (power)cleans/snatch for olifting dont have to be the same.

google kinovea. its a free video editing program that lets you track bar trajectory and slow down your videos. its a bit buggy but it works well and is free.
    That is awesome. After looking at that, I think I probably start with the bar too close to the shins because the bar always travels forward. That, and I need to keep my lats tight.