starting strength gym

Thread: Front squat form check

Default Front squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I thought I'd learn them in case my back starts bitching again , and also it will be useful when I get on TM.

They look good so far to me, but it would be better if you could set up the camera to a 45 degree angle from the front or back at around chest height to get a better look at it. Feel free to add on the weights and get up to a challenging weight. When you do, you may want to use triples instead of fives. Also, experiment with going real ass to grass with these, and using a little bounce at the bottom. If you some day do full squat cleans (if not already), they will more or less dictate that the front squat part of it is done this way and it's probably best to learn how to do it now.

I am going as deep as I can , at least I think (or maybe not , I injured my left hip three weeks ago on a heavy back squat , it was like hip bursitis pain on the outer hip , but after I rested it / rolled it it went away so when I started doing fronts I felt a sharp pain in the inner top of my left hip , but only at the bottom of the lift and it immediately went away after the set , but it's been happening in every single rep of every set. And it happens in every high impact thing I do , like jump up high and squat immediately. I was bothered about it so it might have influenced my depth , as it got more acute at the bottom).
    Maybe should I do some flexibility work ?

Yeah keep doing your flexibility stuff, and don't go too heavy with any of your lower body lifts. This kind of thing will heal and feel better when it wants to, and you don't want to do anything to aggravate it. As far as depth goes, don't push it if your body just isn't there yet, but I have something like this in mind:
    http://i.ehow.com/images/a05/nm/hm/p...at-800X800.jpg
    Looks like I'm the late night technique helper tonight.