Thread: Power Cleans

Default Power Cleans

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Filmed all my PC's today.

They go from 135 lbs to 225 lbs.

What say you???

Film these from the side. its hard to tell where the bar is traveling at these angles.

They look ok to me. Your rack kills me. Let go of the bar! You should just have finger tips on the bar at the top. This will also bring your elbows up. On the last few sets as the weight when up this held you back big time. Also your second pull on the last few had very little hip extension. focus on ramming you cock into that bar once you reach your jumping point at the upper thigh.
    Last edited by Patrick Stroup; 05-18-2011 at 01:06 PM.

The only thing I notice is that your elbows are too slow. You can practice just the elbow part of the lift with lighter weights from the hang position just to get used to flipping them up as fast as possible. Its just a matter of trusting yourself to do it.

Pretty god damn impressive that you can get up 225 that way though.

Someone once used the weight on the end of string reference for me to learn to rack the bar properly. Your hands are doing nothing other than guiding the bar at the top of the second pull.

So think of holding a string on one end and pulling it real fast up towards the ceiling. At its maximum height the weight on the string is weightless. this is when you flip the elbows under and rack the bar with open hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Stroup View Post
    Someone once used the weight on the end of string reference for me to learn to rack the bar properly. Your hands are doing nothing other than guiding the bar at the top of the second pull.

So think of holding a string on one end and pulling it real fast up towards the ceiling. At its maximum height the weight on the string is weightless. this is when you flip the elbows under and rack the bar with open hands.

you're not letting the power of your shrug or second pull carry the bar to the rack. You are arming the thing into your shoulders at the top of the second pull.

god you have ginormous forearms.

that is all.

Certainly not the only thing going on here, but you might consider widening your grip a little. Your legs/knees seem to be getting in the way of your "ginormous forearms." Widening your grip a hair will a) fix that and b) make it even easier to get into that good rack position the above commenters mentioned.

also, you can only see this on 135 because of the camera angle, but you landed on your toes (and stayed there for a really long time!). Crazy unstable position. I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but REALLY try to avoid that in the future! I think it's caused by your jumping too early and getting pulled forward a little...not 100% sure of root cause though.

strong work in any case!

starting strength coach development program
    The bar is too far away from you. It should physically touch your thighs on the way up. You're losing a lot of power because your way isn't allowing you to get your hips through as much.

Your rack is killing me. Jump the bar up with your LEGS and just whip your elbows around. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, just practice racking the bar well with a light weight. Elbows up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast