starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength-friendly gym in Lower Manhattan?

Default Starting Strength-friendly gym in Lower Manhattan?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    My work and commuting schedule is causing me to miss too many workouts at my gym in the 'burbs, and I'd like to find a place near my office on Wall Street. Any suggestions? I'll check out Equinox and NYSC, but I presume they won't have the optimal equipment for the program.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Need2Lift; 07-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.

this thread is prob something you'd want to read
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=23354

Equinox, although expensive actually has 4 squat racks. An abundance of bumper plates for Oly lifting, and surprisingly enough, given the clientele..their management doesn't care about dropping bumpers at all. How do I know? I was a PT there (Equinox: WallStreet) for a few months but commercial fitness is not my type of bag.

It is $150 a month, but if you work on wall street you can probably afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead316 View Post
    Equinox, although expensive actually has 4 squat racks. An abundance of bumper plates for Oly lifting, and surprisingly enough, given the clientele..their management doesn't care about dropping bumpers at all. How do I know? I was a PT there (Equinox: WallStreet) for a few months but commercial fitness is not my type of bag.

It is $150 a month, but if you work on wall street you can probably afford it.
    That's great, thanks for letting me know.

While my office is on Wall Street, I don't work on "Wall Street." But my wife's company may have a corporate deal with Equinox.