starting strength gym
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip and Norse mythology

Default Rip and Norse mythology

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Rip,

How did you get into Norse mythology? What do you find so appealing about it?

You see, I like a lot Scandinavian music (the heavy metal bands in particular and many ambient ones). They write about their ancient culture frequently. And so once I found out about Aasgard Company and all the other Norse symbolism related to Starting Strength, I got attracted to your training system/company even more.

Just think it is quite cool, that is all.

I got into it decades ago, because it made sense to me. I "recognized" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garay1 View Post
    How did you get into Norse mythology? What do you find so appealing about it?
    only a few of us recognize that rip is actually thor, the hammer-wielding norse god, disguised as a mild-mannered and soft-spoken wichita falls black iron gym-owner...you definitely want to be on his side when ragnarok arrives!

rip will personally kill both jörmungandr and fenrir as well as anyone caught doing bicep curls :-)

yeah i was impressed by the aasgard, and then the heinlein quote lured me in further, and then actually making strength gains for the first time in my life i was hooked..thanks rip you've really changed my life.

If you havent heard these guys Rip, check them out... http://www.amonamarth.com/

Rip, I seriously have to have beer(s) with you one day. Pre-christian cultures like the norse, mesoamerican, mesopotamian, etc all make sense to me. I was an ancient history major before I moved onto chemistry.

Curious where can your ancestry be traced back to?

Did you see Marvel's 'Thor' movie then? The lead actor's training was apparently lots of heavy barbells in the 4-6 rep range.

Quote Originally Posted by Garay1 View Post
    Curious where can your ancestry be traced back to?
    My Rippetoe ancestor moved here in the late 1600s from France. A Huguenot, I believe, fleeing the Papists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilan View Post
    Did you see Marvel's 'Thor' movie then? The lead actor's training was apparently lots of heavy barbells in the 4-6 rep range.
    That thing was the last theater film we have seen. Sucked on several levels.

Norse mythology is pretty cool. I've been into it from when I was really young up until now. I have German and Norman heritage from my mother's side, so there's that. Normandy was sort of the beginning of the end of the Viking Age, especially with King Rollo converting to Christianity. I guess you just can't be that good for that long.

starting strength coach development program
    The Dark Knight Rises. Awesome, awesome film. This you all must see.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast