starting strength gym

Thread: Snatch Form Check

Default Snatch Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello Coach,

I have been doing snatches instead of cleans. I struggled with racking the cleaning so used the snatch instead. I have attached 2 reps. I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Snatch 105lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8uG...U&feature=plcp

I appreciate any feedback on my form. Thank you

Set-up: get more extension in your back, you looked rounded from that angle.
    During the lift: get your knees out of the way first, keep the bar in tight with your lats
    During explosion: You're getting on your toes early and losing energy. Explode from the heels and then pull yourself under the bar as fast as you can possibly move. Think "fast" once you make contact with bar in your hip crease. You can't move too fast at that point.

These are very workable and you are doing fine for being self coached so far.

Thank you Coach for the feedback,

I'm gonna work on those four points.

Agree with everything Sal said, but would like to emphasise both the back extension and the explosiveness.

You may want to consider putting your hips a little lower (even though they will come back up when you start the lift) because it will take tension away from your hamstrings which will help you get your back tighter. At the same time there will be less leverage working against your spine when you pull off the floor, which will help you maintain this tightness.

You dont have to do this, but I think you will find that it will help a lot.

Thanks for the input Dastardly.

Fast, fast, fast.

The bar should fly off your hips. At this point, I'd rather see you exaggerate the contact with your hips. Fast in - bar hits the hips - and fast out - hips retreat back to receive the bar in a partial squat.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the feedback Coach T. Ive seen your snatch in the videos you posted. Fast, fast, fast. I will work on it.