starting strength gym

Thread: Squat, Press and Deadlift form check

Default Squat, Press and Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Couldn't lock the deadlift properly because I felt the bar sliding out of my hands.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by S2bhtk; 05-18-2013 at 10:15 AM.

I dont think I'm going too low on the squat. im just a little below parallel, though there is the buttwink. Although I'm not sure how harmful it is I think it may be a problem, but I dont really know how to fix it. In the Deadlift I locked except on the last rep which I said was because the bar was sliding out my hands.

anyone?

I admire anyone who has the flexibility to do a proper squat. On the deadlift, I could tell that the bar was difficult to hold onto. I'm not sure you completely locked in it on more than one or two times. I have no solutions to offer. I'm still a novice and I'm getting to the weight at which I have the sensation of the bar slipping out of my grip.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I admire anyone who has the flexibility to do a proper squat. On the deadlift, I could tell that the bar was difficult to hold onto. I'm not sure you completely locked in it on more than one or two times. I have no solutions to offer. I'm still a novice and I'm getting to the weight at which I have the sensation of the bar slipping out of my grip.
    ok man thanks for the reply.

Not a coach either. Squat looked deep, you do have a tendency to go "ass-to-grass" but so do I. Heels kept coming up on the squat. You were not getting any hip drive into your press, nor were you driving your head forward quickly enough to push the bar upwards so it hung in front of the body longer than advised. Not sure about the deadlift, you did have your elbows unlocked at the beginning of the last few, which could make the bar slip upon them locking. You might just need a stronger grip or use some chalk - do you warm up with the hands prone and workout with them alternated?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hreed View Post
    Not a coach either. Squat looked deep, you do have a tendency to go "ass-to-grass" but so do I. Heels kept coming up on the squat. You were not getting any hip drive into your press, nor were you driving your head forward quickly enough to push the bar upwards so it hung in front of the body longer than advised. Not sure about the deadlift, you did have your elbows unlocked at the beginning of the last few, which could make the bar slip upon them locking. You might just need a stronger grip or use some chalk - do you warm up with the hands prone and workout with them alternated?
    ok thanks, but I dont see that my elbows are unlocked(?) they seem pretty locked to me. And yes I work with overhand grip to about 110kg and then I switch to alternated.