starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: squat check 255 lbs

Default squat check 255 lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do you guys think the knee caving is substantial or should I not worry about it and keep progressing the weight??? Also I was thinking i m breaking a little to excessively from the waist...thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNc...e_gdata_player

I think you should edit your video so your in your set up when it starts... sigh..

Sigh my bad

Quote Originally Posted by awfulifter View Post
    Do you guys think the knee caving is substantial
    yes.
    worry about it.
    fix it

Any suggestions on how I can fix it

"KNEES OUT!"

You are not allowed to lift the weight up unless your knees are out. And no looking in the mirror to see if they are out. Just concentrate on pushing them out. Way out.

Damn that's pretty harsh. If you only knew how hard I was pushing my knees put during that set. No amount of yelling would've prevented it. Think I should back off on the weight until I'm cured?

Quote Originally Posted by awfulifter View Post
    Damn that's pretty harsh. If you only knew how hard I was pushing my knees put during that set. No amount of yelling would've prevented it. Think I should back off on the weight until I'm cured?
    You can back off to find the weight where you can keep your knees out. Take videos and watch them between sets. All you're going to "loose" is a few weeks and that is nothing the big scheme of things. And you're not really loosing those weeks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    You can back off to find the weight where you can keep your knees out. Take videos and watch them between sets. All you're going to "loose" is a few weeks and that is nothing the big scheme of things. And you're not really loosing those weeks anyway.
    Okay. Things I'm considering as well:

Stance too wide.
    Sitting back too far - I'm a raw lifter after all. You think this is causing the bar to shift forward out of a straight line and making my quads fight for control? I kinda feel like this is plausible. I break way too much at the hips IMO.
    Toes too far out.

Thoughts?

starting strength coach development program
    I think being 'raw' has absolutely nothing to do with it. I think that constantly coming forward has left your hams underdeveloped for that weight.

Now your quads are needed much more to lift it... your body realizes this and compensates... although I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast