starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi , can look my deadlift and give me advice where i am bad form and what to fix ? Thnks and greatings from Serbia

здраво Pirke,

I would recommend reading this to help you with your deadlifts.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...468#post182468

Right now the bar is in front of your midfoot and your are not keeping the bar on your legs as you pull. Doing the steps in that link every time will fix those issues. Have you read Starting Strength? If not, I would highly recommend it.

Здраво
    Thnks for answer me.
    I read Starting Strength and i try to do like in book. Stance like i must jump vertical , bar on midfoot , legs meat bar and cheast go up and but stay where it is ... and all other. But i dont know what is problem why i shoot hips up first then i move all weight only with back.
    I try to go lower with hips to try squat it but when i pull again hips go up , legs lock first and i stay in ''horizontal'' position with back and lift like streight legs daedlift.
    I must pull first with back then with legs ? Or from start to fokus only to go with hips forward ??? i am confused. i scare to go to heavies weight because i think i pull only with back with no leg drive. Pls hellp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirke77 View Post
    Здраво
    Thnks for answer me.
    I read Starting Strength and i try to do like in book. Stance like i must jump vertical , bar on midfoot , legs meat bar and cheast go up and but stay where it is ... and all other. But i dont know what is problem why i shoot hips up first then i move all weight only with back.
    You need to start closer to the bar. Put your shins 2.5 cm from the bar when you are standing in front of it. Then, do not move the bar. Keep the bar in contact with your legs as you pick it up.