starting strength gym

Thread: A new and improved squat!!

Default A new and improved squat!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm glad to hear I can abandon the barbell and heavy weights to improve my athletic performance.

I was left scratching my head after this one? People can't really believe this can they?

http://www.posturalrestoration.com/r...t_-_Soccer.pdf

The entire piece is full of gems of knowledge...below are a few of my favorites

Ideally here at the Postural Restoration Institute™, we would abandon the barbell back
    squat, dead lift and Olympic power clean.
    The reverse squat when performed slowly can be a challenging activity teaching the athlete to push themselves up from the floor utilizing their glutes and co-contracting their hamstrings and quads
    Because a squat with a barbell doesn't accomplish this I guess.....

I went back and forth about approving this since I don't necessarily want to direct a lot of traffic her way and I think I remember this being posted around these parts before. Yep, here it is:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=22253

It looks like this has been adapted and renamed for soccer. This forum isn't nearly as widely read as Rip's so I can let it through in good conscience.

Rip gets a lot of grief for saying that much of physical therapy is wrong headed. However, the examples of this are legion and this is a pretty glaring train wreck. I am not interested in harshing on this woman, but it does not require a degree in exercise science to pick a lot of things apart here. Her analysis is deeply, deeply flawed and bespeaks a complete lack of familiarity with barbell training and seemingly with the anatomy at involved with lifting weights. You can go pretty deep down the rabbit hole on bizarre physical therapy things. I need to find the video where this dude pushes on someone else's finger and claims that it makes him systemically weaker. It is pretty special.

Just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they are correct. I may be wrong, too. Critical thinking is an important skill.

Mr. Campitelli, delete this thread if it's old news to this forum. My apologies for putting up a repeat.

I came across it while looking into the background of an individual "I should work with" as recommended by someone in my community. This particular article just stunned me. I didn't think anyone else would understand like the SS community, so I posted for discussion.

For entertainment, I may actually contact the individual affiliated with PRI just to hear his spiel about the evils of barbell training and strike up a conversation afterwards.