starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Athletes on Starting Strength

Default Professional Athletes on Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have you trained any or know of any? If you haven't, you do now. My cousin was just picked up by the Astros after spending time with the Cardinals. Kid is way too skinny and I convinced him to get on your program and pound milk in the offseason.

By the time spring training rolls around he is going to be a beast.

He's the only one we know of for sure. Probably because this shit doesn't actually work.

He has a lot of work to do.... lost 25lbs over the course of the season, partially due to a bout of food poisoning, but mainly due to getting over-trained and eating a bullshit "clean" diet that the team nutritionist put him on. I told him he needs to go in to spring training with some fat on him to help sustain him some.

His starting weights so far that I know of: 225 Squat, 205 Deadlift, 185 bench, 155 Press... 155 for a starting weight on the press is astounding to me, given how low his bench is. He's 6'3, 185lbs right now.

Imagine how much better a player he'll be when he weighs 215 squatting 365 and pulling 405.

Oh I know. His big problem last season was making contact but not hitting hard enough... He'll get so much more power... Kid is hooked after a week on the program.

I get paid to play the bagpipes, so starting strength is probably a better program for professional musicians. Also, I have been paid to do plumbing, insurance claim processing, painting, and gutter cleaning. My wife gives me money on occasion because I have sex with her (I'm lying it's because I watch our son and use my American Express to buy groceries) so that means starting strength is a good program for professional grocery/sex providers.

Mark this shit does work, just not for professional athletes because their pussies!

I would hope most pro athletes are beyond the novice phase. But I'm a dreamer like that.

That is shockingly low numbers for a pro baseball player imo. No offense to him, however. Is he a pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Imagine how much better a player he'll be when he weighs 215 squatting 365 and pulling 405.
    This is BASEBALL not american football (like the distinction you made in the crap-fit thread). Sorry if iam slow, but how exactly is squatting more and pulling more going to help him be better at baseball? I can easily see how pressing more and benching way more would, but other than for that one off chance of him needing a 40inch vertical to stop a ball from going into the stands how is it that the other lifts will help him?

starting strength coach development program
    Oh, you're right, they probably won't help at all. In fact, how could they possibly help? Forget I said anything.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast