starting strength gym

Thread: Unilateral DOMS

Default Unilateral DOMS

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Anyone ever get that?

My right leg (mostly quad but also groin, ham, glute) was soooper sore for the last 2 days after a squat/deadlift workout. My left leg, not so much except a little groin, ham, glute. I filmed all work sets and nothing was out of the ordinary and my form ain't that bad.

Top set was 325x5. Total squat reps = 20 in 315-335lb. Vol was high compared to past couple weeks but I've done 335x5x5 and recently a 315x5x5 without much quad soreness.

Is the fact that it is unilateral significant? Injury?

Quote Originally Posted by konkoba98 View Post
    Anyone ever get that?

My right leg (mostly quad but also groin, ham, glute) was soooper sore for the last 2 days after a squat/deadlift workout. My left leg, not so much except a little groin, ham, glute. I filmed all work sets and nothing was out of the ordinary and my form ain't that bad.

Top set was 325x5. Total squat reps = 20 in 315-335lb. Vol was high compared to past couple weeks but I've done 335x5x5 and recently a 315x5x5 without much quad soreness.

Is the fact that it is unilateral significant? Injury?
    It happens. I've also experienced unilateral quad/knee/ham/SI joint pain and DOMS. If it doesn't literally stop you from training, and your form is spot on, just keep going.

Having said that, I do love to wrap my knees or elbows when they flair up with a bicycle inner tube (cut in half and without stem). Wrap it tight and put the joint through full range of motion a couple times (it may be discomforting) then take the tube off. It makes my joints feel good.