starting strength gym

Thread: Eating the same food will mess your metabolism?

Question Eating the same food will mess your metabolism?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, I've heard some rumors that if you eat the same food every day your body will get used to it and it will mess your metabolism. I eat the same food exactly the same every day, I dont have the culinary skills to cook me some awsome meals, I'm lazy and I do like my plain rice and chicken, etc... So is eating the same food exactly the same every day is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafr91 View Post
    Hello, I've heard some rumors that if you eat the same food every day your body will get used to it and it will mess your metabolism. I eat the same food exactly the same every day, I dont have the culinary skills to cook me some awsome meals, I'm lazy and I do like my plain rice and chicken, etc... So is eating the same food exactly the same every day is bad?
    No, unless you're causing a nutrient deficiency. Most successful dieters eat the same thing day in and day out, actually.

I often fall into that pattern, same 3-4 meals in rotation all week. The boredom inhibits appetite, and makes meal prep efficient.

The ultimate would be a giant sack of Purina Lifter Chow pellets in a hopper controlled by a dispenser tied to your scale to regulate calories for target weight.

I lost a dropped a fair amount of weight eating the same thing day in and day out. In fact, when Jordan was helping with my diet and programming, keeping weight on was a big challenge.