starting strength gym

Thread: Squat 245 lbs - Reset After Surgery

Default Squat 245 lbs - Reset After Surgery

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I had surgery on my hand and managed to time it just right with out Xmas vacation to see the in-laws. I missed 2 weeks but since I timed it right I didn't have two separate hiatuses.

With that said, my form today felt off. This was my 4th workout since getting cleared by the doctor to use my hand.

Any advice is appreciated. Don't hold back, I need to get back in it.

Your stance is a touch wide and you are trying to keep your shins too vertical. Let your knees come a littler further forward early in the movement. Overall, things look okay.

Cool deal. I'll work on the knees forward. I had a problem with them being too vertical before the hiatus and managed to fix it. With the layoff it appears to have crept back in. I've been toying with my stance width and can't seem to get a consistent with between sets. I may try putting a mark on the floor of where the have my feet so it's the same every set.

Thanks!

I brought my stance in and tried to let me knees travel a little further forward. Is this better? The weight certainly felt better.

Those look decent, if still a touch deep. However, better that than shallow. Stay with your hips the whole time. This means you need to stay leaned over a little longer on the ascent.