starting strength gym

Thread: Which supplement do you consider a Must for natty cutting?

Default Which supplement do you consider a Must for natty cutting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan

Two quick questions.

1) Besides protein, BCAA and creatine. What supplement would you consider a must for a natty cutting weight. For strength preservation or gaining?

2) This is completely different to the 1st question. However could you or anybody explain why my libido, is on full throttle around 6-8 hours after heavy volume day squats(315lb)? I mean I want to jump on any skirt lol. Without going into further details...Is there any study or research that documents such thing?

I'm following fat loss "how to be a beast" cut 11.43x238 working wonderfully so far. Wish I did this from the start of my cut absolutely fantastic! Thanks Jordan!

Hey Ice-Man,

1) Depends how big your wallet is, but betaine anhydrous (TMG) or beta alanine would be my next in line recommendation.

2) There's data showing increases in DHEA and Test post workout- more transiently for the latter, which may modulate "sex-seeking" behavior. There's other conflicting data showing that serum levels of these hormones don't directly influence libido provided they are in a physiological range.

Default Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Hey Ice-Man,

1) Depends how big your wallet is, but betaine anhydrous (TMG) or beta alanine would be my next in line recommendation.

2) There's data showing increases in DHEA and Test post workout- more transiently for the latter, which may modulate "sex-seeking" behavior. There's other conflicting data showing that serum levels of these hormones don't directly influence libido provided they are in a physiological range.
    Hi Jordan

1) As a freelance IOS/Andriod developer, it would be fair to state that my wallet is "blessed" in this moment in time (thanks to Cordova API).
    Subsequently please do not hesitate to mention "all the names" you have in mind.

2) I'm not entirely sure the urges have been consistent and persistent specifically after volume deep heavy squats. These studies do they target squats? Are we talking about full squats or the half/quarter bodybuilding squats that I witness at most gyms? Are these conclusive?

It just seems there is a lack of research in this field. The current research doesn't seem to be specific to full squats for example? E.g How do we know they did full squats?

Many thanks for your expertise and recommendations Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    Hi Jordan

1) As a freelance IOS/Andriod developer, it would be fair to state that my wallet is "blessed" in this moment in time (thanks to Cordova API).
    Subsequently please do not hesitate to mention "all the names" you have in mind.
    My exhaustive list would be found in the supplement sticky at the top of the forum here. Glad things are going well for you.

2) I'm not entirely sure the urges have been consistent and persistent specifically after volume deep heavy squats. These studies do they target squats? Are we talking about full squats or the half/quarter bodybuilding squats that I witness at most gyms? Are these conclusive?
    Of course they don't target squats, but rather it's resistance training. Additionally, many studies on "squats" do not explicitly quantify depth. Still, the results from resistance training that are not specifically full-depth squats still pertain to your question and thus, I wouldn't be quick to dismiss them.

I suspect the research is lacking here because there are many, many variables involved in the behaviors we're talking about and trying to tease out whether or not squats or resistance training positively impacts that significantly is very hard to do. Additionally, since it doesn't have the potential to benefit anyone's bottom line (a supplement company, for instance) it's harder to get an grant money for the study. Maybe a master's candidate in ex sci will do the research, maybe.