starting strength gym

Thread: Weight Loss Stacks

Default Weight Loss Stacks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

To follow up on my earlier "meathead versus scientist" recommendation list, I have a question about weight loss stacks.

My feeling is that the general recommendations include:

Caffeine
    Ephedrine or ephedrine like herbal supplements (no idea what the difference is)
    Green Tea extract (EGCG)
    Alpha-Lipoic Acid

I realize this is more of a physique question, but given that many people's first foray into strength training is motivated by vanity, I think it would be nice to be armed with some sophisticated opinions about this common recommendation.

Thanks,
    J

I don't recommend people use ephedrine or ephedra, as I think the risks outweigh the benefits for most. I do think that stimulants like caffeine can be useful for training, but not terribly so for body fat loss in and of themselves. r-ALA is a decent glucose disposal agent, but again not really useful for body fat loss.

A much better option would be to spend your money on a prowler and use that in accordance with a good nutrition protocol to achieve your physique goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I don't recommend people use ephedrine or ephedra, as I think the risks outweigh the benefits for most. I do think that stimulants like caffeine can be useful for training, but not terribly so for body fat loss in and of themselves. r-ALA is a decent glucose disposal agent, but again not really useful for body fat loss.

A much better option would be to spend your money on a prowler and use that in accordance with a good nutrition protocol to achieve your physique goals.
    You think at proper doses (24E/200C tid) ephedrine+ caffiene increases cardiovascular risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    You think at proper doses (24E/200C tid) ephedrine+ caffiene increases cardiovascular risk?
    Yes, as doses as low as 25mg orally have been associated with HTN, tachycardia, angina, palpitations, etc. in certain populations.

Tried the ephedrine + caffeine stack back when I was 25 or so. I am 44 now. I got the worst headache/migraine of my life, sweated profusely ,was in the bathroom with massive diarrhea/cramps and heart palpitations. All within 30 min of taking the stack, once.