starting strength gym

Thread: Tendinitis pain during heavy squats

Default Tendinitis pain during heavy squats

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I posted here a month ago about recovering from hip flexor tendinitis, I took 3 weeks off and then reset my squat to 90 lbs. In the past two weeks I've gone back up to my original PR and after doing 145 today the pain in my left leg became uncomfortable. In previous lifts the pain was minimal, even at 135. But it seems I won't be able to push my PR without this pain.

The pain comes about halfway up the ascend and peaks at the top. What I'm wondering is whether this pain when lifting heavier is normal to recover or if it will aggravate the tendinitis further. Also I've been doing leg swings, as was recommended, each day and before each lift.

Tendinitis is quite common. Most people are able to work through it. You may wish to consult your Doctor.

Post a form video, probably doing something wrong to cause the tendonitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Post a form video, probably doing something wrong to cause the tendonitis.
    I'm aware of the form that caused the tendinitis (knees sliding forward at the bottom) and have corrected it the best that I can see using TUBOW. What I'm unsure of is whether the pain from the hip flexor tendinitis just needs to be worked through or if it's an indicator of further damage. I'll still post a video later to be sure though.

Seems like the tendonitis diagnosis is an assumption, rather than a conclusion based on good evidence. Trigger points are more likely and usually respond to lacrosse ball action. The foam roller can sometimes work, but because it's so large, it can't apply as much force to specific locations that a lacrosse ball can.