starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and Deadlift Form Check

Default Squat and Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello, I need help with my deadlift and squat high bar form, focusing in strenght gain so Im not doing ATG, anyways my butt wink is bad when I do ATG.

Squat
    I do many series for warm up, but only filmed 2.

2x5 and 1 AMRAP. The video is with the max weight I have ever lifted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4zdQC1MQw

Deadlift
    Many series for warm up, only filmed 3, and 1 AMRAP, same as the squat is with the max weight I have ever lifted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqLk_NpZ2vk

Welcome. Do you plan to switch to low back bar squat? It's easier to critique the prescribed lift than another. Whichever you use you should not have bent wrists. It puts way too much stress on the tiny bones of he wrists. What is the weight you are lifting?

DL: I gather you are forced to use a commercial gym that despises Deadlift. Hex plates are a curse. What weight are you lifting?

Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training | The Aasgaard Company

Start here, work on your form, video and repost.
    Last edited by Mike Troxell; 05-23-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Welcome. Do you plan to switch to low back bar squat? It's easier to critique the prescribed lift than another. Whichever you use you should not have bent wrists. It puts way too much stress on the tiny bones of he wrists. What is the weight you are lifting?

DL: I gather you are forced to use a commercial gym that despises Deadlift. Hex plates are a curse. What weight are you lifting?
    The weight in the squat is 68kg, 2-3 months ago when I started the strenght routine was 50kg, Im doing the greyskull LP routine, so Im happy with the results. I broke my right knee when I was 12years old, so my right leg is weaker, with less muscle. Just working on getting better weights in my squat, my bench press is the same weight, focused more in upper body strenght. Like 1 year in the gym, first time doing a strenght routine, and I really like it.

Not sure about the low bar squat, I dont know if is a good idea to switch or do 1 day high bar and 1 day low bar. For now Imaybe its better to focus on one variation.

For deadlift 86kg. Yes, commercial gym, Im the only one who do dealift, OHP, Squats, Im always alone there, nobody uses the rack. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by troxm25 View Post
    Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training | The Aasgaard Company

Start here, work on your form, video and repost.
    Looks like a good read. I found online the 2nd edition, I guess is the same thing.

Do not allow your wrists to carry the weight. You can easily break your wrist doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by neotarkilmar View Post
    Looks like a good read. I found online the 2nd edition, I guess is the same thing.
    Interesting. What do you mean by "found online"?

And no, the 2nd edition isn't the same thing as the 3rd edition. They number them like that for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Do not allow your wrists to carry the weight. You can easily break your wrist doing that.
    My wrists are not carrying the weight, not sure why it looks like that, the weight is on my back, my wrists are there only for balance.

starting strength coach development program
    Don't look at the mirror. Stop bending your wrists.