starting strength gym

Thread: Is Vitargo still the go to supplement for the post workout?

Default Is Vitargo still the go to supplement for the post workout?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I will apologise in advance if this has been asked before.

I have come to the end of a big ten kilo bag of Vitargo that I've been using post workout, along with some BCAA's, Beta Beta Alanine, and some creatine.

I've not read many recent nutritional articles, and I'm wondering if there's anything better out there than Vitargo these days? Also, s there anything else you'd recommend I'd take with it other than what I've been doing?

Thank you Jordan, and to the other posters, many thanks.

There is nothing better than Vitargo as far as carbohydrate supplements go. That said, you probably don't need it.

Thank you Jordan. How about some brown bread and honey post workout? This has been my go-to for the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    There is nothing better than Vitargo as far as carbohydrate supplements go. That said, you probably don't need it.
    If I recall correctly, it's a waste of money unless you train more than once per day, right?

I remember they got Markus Ruhl to sign with them back in the day when he was like 275 on stage. Part of me wanted to believe that if I took Vitargo I'd turn into Markus Ruhl.

Why didn't this turn out to be true? Is it possible they were trying to mislead me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    I remember they got Markus Ruhl to sign with them back in the day when he was like 275 on stage. Part of me wanted to believe that if I took Vitargo I'd turn into Markus Ruhl.

Why didn't this turn out to be true? Is it possible they were trying to mislead me!!!
    Interestingly, at the CrossFit Games this year Vitargo showed up with a tiny little EZ up, a science guy and no flashy girls. No one went by the tent when it was, by far, the most evidence based supplement in existence. I worked with 2 athletes this year at the Games and both were using Vitargo. Nobody else was hip to the idea in that field so I think we had a distinct advantage in that setting. That said, if your carbs aren't >400 or so and you're not training multiple times per day OR doing lots of endurance pieces- it's probably not cost effective for any net benefit.

Man, I wish I could afford such fancy supplements. I do heavy endurance work (rowing and 3 hours day; 6 days a week) along with lifting twice a week.

I just drink lots of chocolate milk and fart on people.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    That said, if your carbs aren't >400 or so and you're not training multiple times per day OR doing lots of endurance pieces- it's probably not cost effective for any net benefit.
    plus it tastes like slime....