starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - 225x5

Default Squat form check - 225x5

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

This was my third set of Wednesday's workout. I've been informed that my depth is much lower than it needs to be. With my knees shoved out, that is where it feels natural to "bounce," and I'd appreciate any suggestions for adjusting the depth if that's needed. Or anything else that I should fix.

Thanks for your time!

Your stance is a little narrow and you are going far too deep. The reason you don't feel the bottom of the squat earlier is because you are relaxing a lot of musculature to get that depth. Take a slightly wider stance. Squat high. It will feel like you are above parallel, but you will still probably be too deep. I suggest some real weightlifting shoes, too.

Much appreciated, will do.

New shoes on the way. I think I'm doing better in today's set at 245 (warning: a little loud):

Am I on the right track?

Stance is still too narrow. Depth is certainly adequate, but cannot tell exactly how deep from the front. Need a rear oblique.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Stance is still too narrow. Depth is certainly adequate, but cannot tell exactly how deep from the front. Need a rear oblique.
    Got it, will do so next time I post here. I'm trying to face away from the mirror as all the racks are set up that way. Thanks again for taking the time to watch and advise.

starting strength coach development program
    I can understand that. Squatting in front of a mirror is very distracting. However, I have faith you can do so for one set on video.