starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This depth look more proper?

Default This depth look more proper?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932pw1lZ76A

These are lighter than last time but I think I got depth low enough to break parallel but high enough not to bottom out. But I've been told that camera height was less than ideal, hence the need for professional assessment.

Every rep, except perhaps four, was a little too high. About an inch or two. I suspect you need to drive your knees out more, although I cannot tell from here. That would get you deeper and potentially clean up the bit of knee slide you have at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Every rep, except perhaps four, was a little too high. About an inch or two. I suspect you need to drive your knees out more, although I cannot tell from here. That would get you deeper and potentially clean up the bit of knee slide you have at the bottom.
    have any tips about how not to bring your hips forward at the top of the Squat?

Quote Originally Posted by LionHearted View Post
    have any tips about how not to bring your hips forward at the top of the Squat?
    Besides, "Don't bring your hips forward at the top of a squat?" I was unaware that this was big problem. The top of the squat is the easy part. You just stand up straight. I am confused.

isn't the hips going forward in the video? I feel hips naturally come forward that's why I asked the question...

You've lost me.

did you not watch DannyP's video and see his hips go forward at the top position?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Thanks. So, for reference, would these, from like two weeks ago, be the right depth to shoot for? When I first took and reviewed the clip I thought these had gone too deep but perhaps that's not the case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv2HHQvKzNs

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    Thanks. So, for reference, would these, from like two weeks ago, be the right depth to shoot for? When I first took and reviewed the clip I thought these had gone too deep but perhaps that's not the case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv2HHQvKzNs
    That's just below parallel. The reason you probably didn't like those is that you are getting loose at the bottom, allowing the knees to slide forward and your back to round. Das ist nicht gut. Without a rear oblique shot, I am missing important info. Blessed are those that read the sticky on how to film form checks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by LionHearted View Post
    did you not watch DannyP's video and see his hips go forward at the top position?
    I watched his video the first time and just watched it again. His hips do what everyone's hips do at the top of the squat. Where do you see them go forward? What does that mean? Are you suggesting that he is putting his spine into overextension and pushing his hips forward of his toes? If so, that certainly is not happening. The bar would fall off his back. The squat starts from as close to normal anatomical position as you can get with a heavy bar on your back. That means your knees and hips will be fully extended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast