starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The last advice I got was to work on tight abs and get a belt. Here's that thread:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ck-aching.html

I finally got a belt, along with some of the hooker handles.

My shoulder mobility is shit, and I had no idea how much the shoulder discomfort/pain was taking away from me getting my back set until I tried the handles. Wow...what a difference!! Getting my hands in and elbows back helped to tighten everything up...just like the book said it would. Whodathunkit?

And then, once I got the belt, it felt so much better again...later on in the workout it was like I was ripping the DL off the ground. I should have gotten one of those a long time ago.

Anyway, this is my second workout with the handles, first workout with the belt. I was having problems on earlier sets with rocking forward on my toes. I tried to correct it for this set. Am I tight enough? Am I still overextending my back?

No.
    Yes.
    Can you not see your back moving just above the belt on the ascent?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    No.
    Yes.
    Can you not see your back moving just above the belt on the ascent?
    Gah...it felt so much better, so much tighter. I thought it had to be good. I do see my back moving, but...dang it. Its moving.

2 questions:
    1. I'm looking for a COMPLETELY still back...no movement at all.
    2. I'm not sure where it came from, but I lol'ed at Judge Dredd. The Karl Urban version was the perfect movie, except for the distressing lack of sequels.

Okay, so neither were really questions. Thanks for your time! And I'm sorry I keep coming back with the same uncorrected problem every time!!