starting strength gym

Thread: weightlifting shoe size

Default weightlifting shoe size

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm about to get a pair of adipowers. Just a quick question on the shoe size. I normally wear a size 10 sneakers, so should I go a 0.5 size down and get a 9.5 to ensure a snug fit?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron8 View Post
    I'm about to get a pair of adipowers. Just a quick question on the shoe size. I normally wear a size 10 sneakers, so should I go a 0.5 size down and get a 9.5 to ensure a snug fit?
    I vote no, unless you wear your sneakers particularly loose. I found Adipowers to be a shade on the snug side to begin with, and they have a strap to keep your foot anchored.

I wear 11.5 in adidas shoes. I ordered my AdiPowers in a size 11. They are snug but not uncomfortable tight.

I will sell these for $105.00 Shipped. They are in perfect condition. http://startingstrength.com/resource...wers-sale.html

On Amazon, you can compare fit of the shoes you buy with some shoes you have. They don't have every shoes, but if you have some from rather famous brands, it should work. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Banned_Pavel View Post
    On Amazon, you can compare fit of the shoes you buy with some shoes you have. They don't have every shoes, but if you have some from rather famous brands, it should work. It worked for me.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I usually use the Amazon app on my phone but I've used that functionality on another shoe website in the past and it's very helpful. I looked amazon's website on my laptop and there it was. Great that it's available for a lot of the lifting shoes they sell.

I wear adidas weightlifting shoes (forget the name, bought them three years ago) and found them to be sized very similalry to other adidas shoes. Go try on some adidas shoes with simple construction (tennis shoes, low soccer shoes, low top old school basketball shoes, soccer boots) and determine your size.

I went ahead and ordered the size 10 from rogue. I have a pair of 10.5 and a pair of 10 sneakers, the 10.5 had about half an inch of space in front of my toes, and the 10 felt fairly snug.

I lift in Adipowers also and found going down 0.5 size to be totally perfect - very snug fit with no discomfort.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I lift in Adipowers also and found going down 0.5 size to be totally perfect - very snug fit with no discomfort.
    I did the same.