starting strength gym

Thread: SE MA black iron gym

Default SE MA black iron gym

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Just wanted to share an article about my hometown gym that first got me into strength training sixteen years ago. It was here I first picked up a barbell, which evolved into lifting weights so I could get bigger and stronger to make HS varsity football, and then turned into BS/MS degrees in Ex. Fizz. While I didn't always lift there, moving on to the HS gym, then college, I always knew I had a place I could go to where I could find the right atmosphere and equipment. It's no frills, the equipment is old (in a good way), York bars from the 80s if not older, there are dozens of pictures of bodybuilders, powerlifters and Olympic lifters that have come through the doors all over the walls, but most importantly, there are people working fucking hard.

Brockton gym pumps weightlifters up into champions - News - The Enterprise, Brockton, MA - Brockton, MA

I still maintain a membership there, even though I now exclusively lift in my garage gym. The $20 doesn't hurt my wallet, I've known the owner personally for many years, and it's a way for me to give back and to make sure that the only black iron gym I'm aware of in the SE Mass area stays open. In a world where the Planet Fitness/Workout World gym is becoming a norm, a place like this is needed to balance the universe.

When I see Brockton, I think Rocky Marciano and Marvelous Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    When I see Brockton, I think Rocky Marciano.
    Shug, I'm impressed you know that. Let us not forget Hagler though. I played football at the Rocky Marciano stadium and my coach was his nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    Shug, I'm impressed you know that. Let us not forget Hagler though. I played football at the Rocky Marciano stadium and my coach was his nephew.
    I didn't, he's a favorite. That's pretty cool.

Sweet. I just moved to Easton - will definitely check this place out. Numrych we should throw some iron around this summer

Brilliant Slogan: "Our reputation is building"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Sweet. I just moved to Easton - will definitely check this place out. Numrych we should throw some iron around this summer
    Easton, nice. My schedule is going to be really tight all summer, but I'm definitely open to some lifting, at either Centre City or in the garage. Hit me up via PM.