starting strength gym

Thread: Groin pain squatting and stance question.

Default Groin pain squatting and stance question.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi coaches,

So I can drop down to a squat at any weight, with any stance, breaking parallel without problems. I have been squatting just fine.

But just an inch deeper, my left groin will hurt like hell. I know deeper is not called for, so should i be worried? Is there impingement? I think I'm used to have that pain at a feedback to just stop before going too low.

Also, I found a much more easy and natural time squatting with slightly wider than shoulder width and toes about 45 degrees. I'm used to it that squatting with shoulder width and 30 degrees toes seems weird and weak. Am I heading the wrong direction? I will shoot a video if needed.

As always, thank you for your time.
    Ludwig.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig23 View Post
    But just an inch deeper, my left groin will hurt like hell. I know deeper is not called for, so should i be worried? Is there impingement?
    Honestly? I've got nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig23 View Post
    Also, I found a much more easy and natural time squatting with slightly wider than shoulder width and toes about 45 degrees. I'm used to it that squatting with shoulder width and 30 degrees toes seems weird and weak. Am I heading the wrong direction? I will shoot a video if needed.
    Some people's feet tend to be turned out more than normal. For them, some adjustments to stance and foot placement work well. I cannot say much more from here, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Honestly? I've got nothing here.
    I'm not a native speaker so I'm not exactly sure what you meant, coach. It means you can't say for certain, if i'm getting you right?

Thank you.

Sorry. You write so well that I forget. It means, "I don't know." What you are describing is not very common and without being there and watching you, I cannot really provide much useful input.