starting strength gym

Thread: Darin Deaton DPT: Squats and deadlifts for back pain

Default Darin Deaton DPT: Squats and deadlifts for back pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Really nice case study well written up. Obviously this is most likely a far fetched thing and it would take a while however, if someone from the SSC can do a retrospective study or even a small controlled study even if it will have small sample size i'm sure it will show the benefits of lifting to life's aches and joint aches.

After my dad hurt his shoulder jerking up a suitcase and going to PT massages and resting it for 3-4 weeks with no improvement managed to convince him to go to the gym and we pretty much just did pressing with curl here and there (He's obese so no squats and I couldn't convince him to do deadlifts)he actually improved with 1-2 weeks however he attributed the success to the PT using some sort of massage machine and that's what helped.

This is of particular interest to me because my dad has a similar knee condition. No ACL, significant arthritis, likely eventual knee replacement.

He's found improvement through Nautilus training - I think he'd do better with barbells and it's helpful to read a case study of someone who has such problems.