starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Books and Full Page Diagram Companion

Default Audio Books and Full Page Diagram Companion

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I found some info on this when I searched the forum but I had further questions.

1. Would you consider recording an audio book version of SS or PP? Text to speech software is not comparable to narrated audio.

2. If an audio version is recorded could a companion book of full page diagrams be printed as well, or made available to download to allow for size changes?

I ask because I am legally blind and these products could help reach the vision impaired market.

How big is the visually impaired market for barbell training?

I own both the e-book versions and print versions of starting strength and practical programming. I am not vision impaired. I would love to purchase an audio version as it would allow me to listen while I am driving.

I am not sure that making an audio book version is financially worth it but the market is slightly bigger than just the visually impaired.

According to this 22.5 million Americans reported vision loss beyond what is correctable by eyeglasses in 2014. What percentage of that population is interested in strength training I don't know.

Facts and Figures on Adults with Vision Loss - American Foundation for the Blind

Thats a good point throwman. It's been my experience that a significant number of people that are into self improvement listen to audio books on a regular basus. However I'm not aware of any data on the actual figures.

I'd also buy and listen in the car. There are things now that I want to go back and re-read, but haven't yet found the time. Amazon paid $300 million for Audible, so clearly there's a market for audio books outside the impaired.

Rip, it has been suggested by one of my members that there should be an audio version of SS:BBT available with you doing the reading. I think that may be quite popular. At the very least maybe a few more people would 'read' the book while driving, flying, or wherever else people listen to audiobooks.

The downside of course is that you would have to sit and read the book aloud while mic'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by throwman View Post
    I own both the e-book versions and print versions of starting strength and practical programming. I am not vision impaired. I would love to purchase an audio version as it would allow me to listen while I am driving.

I am not sure that making an audio book version is financially worth it but the market is slightly bigger than just the visually impaired.
    Agreed. Ive been listening to audio books for years while driving, and work with quite a few others who pass their commutes the same way. Definitely not just a visually impaired market.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kurisko View Post
    Rip, it has been suggested by one of my members that there should be an audio version of SS:BBT available with you doing the reading. I think that may be quite popular. At the very least maybe a few more people would 'read' the book while driving, flying, or wherever else people listen to audiobooks.

The downside of course is that you would have to sit and read the book aloud while mic'd up.
    I can do that. Talking comes naturally to me, as you may have noticed.

starting strength coach development program
    It would also probably help aspiring coaches as a study aide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast