starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any information on TKO strength equipment?

Default Any information on TKO strength equipment?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got a possible opportunity to pick up some lightly used TKO equipment (half rack, bench, 1500 lbs olympic bar, 350lbs in plates) for a decent price, but can't find much information on their quality and was hoping someone might be able to tell me whether it's decent gear or crap. Biggest concern is the bar, but for the price I'd be getting the set for I can buy a good quality bar and still be ahead.

Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Photos may help in case of it being rebranded product.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Photos may help in case of it being rebranded product.
    I don't have any in-person pictures yet, but from their website:

Plates - Can find some reviews on these

TKO OLYMPIC URETHANE TRI-GRIP PLATE ? TKO Strength & Performance

Rack

HALF RACK ? TKO Strength & Performance

Bench

TKO COMMERCIAL MULTI-ANGLE BENCH ? TKO Strength & Performance

Bar

Heavy Weight Power Bar ? TKO Strength & Performance

IMO plates are plates and a bench is a bench, so I'm not too worried about those, but the bar and rack are the pieces I'm looking for more info on. They look to be decent enough, but it's easy enough to make crap look good in pictures.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Nebgolfer; 12-12-2016 at 07:44 PM.

I haven't used any of it, but it all looks serviceable. Nowhere near the value of other pieces at it's retail, but the rack and bench are 3x3 11ga, which is solid. The j-cups are sandwich style which is good, but they look super shitty to use, so keep that in mind. Bar is 28mm - not ideal for the power lifts, but probably golden for the Olympic lifts. Again, I haven't used any of this equipment. I'm pretty sure those plates are smaller than standard diameter, but I can't be certain.

What's the price for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I haven't used any of it, but it all looks serviceable. Nowhere near the value of other pieces at it's retail, but the rack and bench are 3x3 11ga, which is solid. The j-cups are sandwich style which is good, but they look super shitty to use, so keep that in mind. Bar is 28mm - not ideal for the power lifts, but probably golden for the Olympic lifts. Again, I haven't used any of this equipment. I'm pretty sure those plates are smaller than standard diameter, but I can't be certain.

What's the price for everything?
    It's a bank repo deal so price isn't fixed, but was told between $675 and $1300, which is obviously a wide range. I'd be happy with anything under $800-$900. I think some bumpers would solve the plate diameter issue, and a new bar might be in my future anyway, so if the bench and rack are decent I think it's a pretty good deal.

I'm pretty sure those plates are smaller than standard diameter, but I can't be certain.
    We had some at my old gym and they were undersized in diameter. They mostly got used for the Reverse Hyper and the Prowler and worked fine though. They all were within a pound or two of stated weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebgolfer View Post
    It's a bank repo deal so price isn't fixed, but was told between $675 and $1300, which is obviously a wide range. I'd be happy with anything under $800-$900. I think some bumpers would solve the plate diameter issue, and a new bar might be in my future anyway, so if the bench and rack are decent I think it's a pretty good deal.
    So it depends on how much you want that gear, but here's my recommendation on maximum spending on these items (aka, I would feel bad selling them to you for more than this):

Rack: $400
    Bench: $175
    Bar: $125
    Plates: $0.75/lb

Obviously less would be better. Good luck with the deal!

So it depends on how much you want that gear, but here's my recommendation on maximum spending on these items (aka, I would feel bad selling them to you for more than this):

Rack: $400
    Bench: $175
    Bar: $125
    Plates: $0.75/lb

Obviously less would be better. Good luck with the deal!
    Thanks for the info. Very helpful and appreciated.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I was just told that information I had on the rack was not correct, and it is instead a technogym/pure strength half rack.

I can't find any real specs on this, so I've emailed the company, but has anyone had any first-hand experience with this rack that can comment on quality?

starting strength coach development program
    Technogym is true commercial. Some of their stuff is well designed and some isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast