starting strength gym

Thread: Should I stop squatting and deadlifting?

Default Should I stop squatting and deadlifting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Rip,

short version:
    the diagnose from my MRT test last week is: Scheuermann's desease, Osteochondrosis and protrusion. All in my lower back. Do I continue my squats and deads?

Some additional information:
    Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it just feels strange and sometimes I don't have any pain. I can't really tell if it hurts when training since the back hurts anyway due to the pump. I'm 17, 85kg at 1,80m. Squat: 142,5kg x 5, Deadlift: 162,5kg x 5. The doc sent me to a physio therapist and told me I will get a herniated disc if I don't stop squatting and deadlifting. How do I go on with my training now? I "feel" like the injury comes from 3 things. A failed squat in July 2016, a bad form deadlift in january 2017 and a press with too much lean back in ferbruary 2017.

Scheurmann's is not an injury. Read more. Educate yourself. Do not rely on one doctor's opinion about something as important as this.

Ok. What about the other two things? There must have been some kind of injury. The failed squat caused some really terrible aches in july. Now the pain isn't even nearly as hard but it was kinda reintroduced those 2 times this year.

As far as the herniated disc goes, don't let it scare you. I have at least one (verified by MRI 10 years ago) but it is nothing...seriously, it has not ever caused pain. I've learned that most people over 20 have bulging/herniated discs and it's just part of being human.

Good luck and happy deadlifting!

Quote Originally Posted by zar9star View Post
    Ok. What about the other two things? There must have been some kind of injury. The failed squat caused some really terrible aches in july. Now the pain isn't even nearly as hard but it was kinda reintroduced those 2 times this year.
    Read the board. I can't read the board for you. This has been discussed on the board hundreds of times. Articles have been written about it on the website. STOP TYPING AND READ.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by zar9star View Post
    There must have been some kind of injury.
    This is the crux of the problem.