starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Bench and Rack combo

Default Titan Bench and Rack combo

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-...nch-combo.html

I'm looking at getting a new rack and possibly a bench at the end of the year. Is the above a good deal and reliable? Trying to not spend too much money, but want to get equipment that I won't have to replace ever again. $350 for the above seems reasonable.

EDIT - Just got a 5% coupon code sent to email, and it looks like shipping is free too.
    Last edited by Aaron Montgomery; 06-27-2017 at 12:45 PM.

I have no regrets with my T-3 rack. In fact, I doubled down an recently bought adjustable mono lift hooks and a deadlift jack from Titan. Their home page says they are running a sale until 28 June, if that has any impact on your decision.

I would strongly recommend saving up a couple more dollars. Get the T3 rack from Titan and the new AB-3100 bench from Rep Fitness. Trust me.

The T-2 looks like a pos. The T-3 is great.

The T-3 weighs 2.15 times as much as the T-2! 230# vs. 107# Ha.

Put aside it's flimsiness, just look at the ridiculous footprint on the T-2. What's with the section on the ground behind the rack? You'll be tripping on that shit all the time. They try to trick you into thinking it's a feature with the plate storage pins. It's not. Its to keep it from falling over or simply sliding away.

You can't even get spotter arms for the T-2. I don't think the T-2 j-hooks are even lined with UHMW. Don't buy it! The T3 is about the same price as the combo. It's just too good not to spend a few dollars more on. This is what you want:

It even comes with 4 strange silver weapons. They have them inserted into the rack to illustrate their deadliness.

If you can't afford the cool bench that Cody recommends (which I plan on getting in a few months) get a simple flat bench.

I used to have a flimsy powerline rack that was better than the T-2. I sold it as soon as I learned about the Titan. Now I'm blissfully happy and everything goes my way. I always get green lights and I never have bad hair days.

What are the big differences in the T-2 and T-3 racks? The T-2 looks like it's almost the same dimensions as my current rack, which just fits in my small garage.

Cody, I have that Rep Fitness bench bookmarked. Why spend $215 on that, instead of ~$90 for the Titan bench (with the combo deal)? The Rep Fitness bench does look a bit sturdier, but I know almost nothing about equipment.

EDIT - just saw the latest post. Does the T-3 have to be bolted down? I'm putting it on my concrete garage slab.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    What are the big differences in the T-2 and T-3 racks? The T-2 looks like it's almost the same dimensions as my current rack, which just fits in my small garage.

Cody, I have that Rep Fitness bench bookmarked. Why spend $215 on that, instead of ~$90 for the Titan bench (with the combo deal)? The Rep Fitness bench does look a bit sturdier, but I know almost nothing about equipment.

EDIT - just saw the latest post. Does the T-3 have to be bolted down? I'm putting it on my concrete garage slab.
    The T2 is 2"x2" 12 gauge copy of a cheap Atlas rack, the T3 is 2"x3" 11 gauge copy of a Rogue rack. There is a massive difference between those specs. The T2 could be sold at a sporting goods store while the T3 is used in strongman gyms. I personally wouldn't trust the T2 with any of my squats while I have no issue with the T3.

Bench story is similar. The Titan adjustable is a cheap copy of a CAP bench with a 600lb rating that I've seen welds break on while the REP bench is a good copy of a Rogue AB2 and has a 1000 lb rating. Same story - no way in hell I would bench on the Titan adjustable while I would happily max out on the REP.

As for bolting, you can put it on a platform or you can get the flat foot version.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    I have no regrets with my T-3 rack. In fact, I doubled down an recently bought adjustable mono lift hooks and a deadlift jack from Titan. Their home page says they are running a sale until 28 June, if that has any impact on your decision.
    Thanks for the heads up. I just called Titan, and the rep said that if I can't make the purchase by tomorrow, to wait till 4th of July or some other holiday since they usually do holiday deals. I'm thinking about selling off some valuables that are rarely used anymore to fund purchasing new equipment which will be used most days of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The T2 is 2"x2" 12 gauge copy of a cheap Atlas rack, the T3 is 2"x3" 11 gauge copy of a Rogue rack. There is a massive difference between those specs. The T2 could be sold at a sporting goods store while the T3 is used in strongman gyms. I personally wouldn't trust the T2 with any of my squats while I have no issue with the T3.

Bench story is similar. The Titan adjustable is a cheap copy of a CAP bench with a 600lb rating that I've seen welds break on while the REP bench is a good copy of a Rogue AB2 and has a 1000 lb rating. Same story - no way in hell I would bench on the Titan adjustable while I would happily max out on the REP.

As for bolting, you can put it on a platform or you can get the flat foot version.
    Thanks Cody. I'll look into the T-3 then, and avoid the Titan bench, since I already have an el-cheapo which is probably gonna break on me soon... Can you clarify your last comment? I didn't see any options for different feet for a T-3 rack. I want to avoid bolting it to concrete, and will not be making a platform to put it on. Though I am considering getting horsestall mats and putting them on my garage floor, and putting the rack on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Thanks Cody. I'll look into the T-3 then, and avoid the Titan bench, since I already have an el-cheapo which is probably gonna break on me soon... Can you clarify your last comment? I didn't see any options for different feet for a T-3 rack. I want to avoid bolting it to concrete, and will not be making a platform to put it on. Though I am considering getting horsestall mats and putting them on my garage floor, and putting the rack on those.
    They call it the X3

https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-...ower-rack.html

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Thanks!

Ugh. That's $70 more! In 3 hours I've gone from a T-2 bench combo for $350 to a X-3 for $440 and a Rep Fitness bench for ~$210. This is getting expensive. And the X-3 doesn't even come with plate holders...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast