starting strength gym

Thread: Advanced Novice Frequency Reductions

Default Advanced Novice Frequency Reductions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I believe that my squat is ready for the extra rest day for advanced novices that's talked about in PPTS3 but, due to an upper-body injury sustained earlier in the program that prevented it's direct training, my presses are a fair behind and are still progressing fine with the 3-day/week programming.

Am I correct to assume that placing the squat on the one-on, two-off schedule while keeping the presses rotating at 3-days/week is the optimal thing to do in this situation? The book doesn't seem to mention anything specifically about this except to say that the lifts rarely reach the same stages at the same time, but such a program takes the appearance of a split routine with 4-5 days/week of training:

Yeah, there is no reason this couldn't work very well.

Thanks for the very quick reply!

I have one more question if you don't mind. Is your Power-Building program aimed at people with gym memberships or could someone with a slightly better-kitted home gym make use of it? I have a pair of change-able dumbbells, EZ curl bar, deadlift blocks, and could jerry-rig an incline bench à la Mike Tuscherer. I'm also wondering if PB can be worked around a recreational -but fairly intense sport - like ice hockey, or if it's a pure lifters program like Texas Method.

Thanks again for your time.

If you have a little experience and ingenuity you can figure out appropriate exercise subs on the PBing program - but yeah, ideally you want a fully equipped gym with at least barbells, dumbbells, adjustable benches, and perhaps a few select machines. But it's not 100% necessary, no.

I like this. A lot!

Oops. I just sent in a thread asking about the same thing.

Does it ever "even out"? Or is the life of an intermediate/advanced lifter always sort of "planned-but-messy".

starting strength coach development program
    My experience has been more of the latter with most people. Often 1 or 2 lifts are going up, while maybe you are struggling with 1 or 2 others.