starting strength gym

Thread: Arm injury

Default Arm injury

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Mark,

Arm injury

Pain in my left arm in the opposite side of my elbow (soft side of the arm) - involves what feels like my left bicep and parts of my forearm.

Intensity:
    Increases during workout - if I push it too hard it feels like my inner arm is ripping apart

Exercises involved - pull and press mainly - most painful to least
    1) Pullups (do them weighted and non weighted - 1 to 3 times a week (not doing now)

2) Squats - thumbless grip as described in SS - pain starts out light and increases as weight increases - the weight is NOT being held on back, used as support as described in SS

3) Bench - as weight increases, pain increases (again, located on soft side of arm and bi/forearm

4) Dead/PWR clean

5) pushups, curls

This injury weakens my grip trmendously and as a result completly messes up my squat (thumbless grip) - which really pisses me off since I was making strong progress on the linear method.

Treatment:
    Took 5 days off and it seemed to help but going back yesterday it came back with a vengance - trying to use your prescribed injury method (sticky) but I'm not sure it's a muscle issue.

Have you ever heard of this before and if so, any ideas on what can be done?

Thanks

My arm doesn't have a "soft side", so I'm not sure what you mean. Is it medial or lateral?

medial side - I'm thinking it's tendonittis that becomes mor agitated depending on the angle I'm using it in

Sounds like the standard bad squat arm position deal, but these things are very hard to diagnose over the internet. Get me a video.